Andes to Cloud Forest Hike
- 2 transfer in or out
- 1 nights in double accommodation in Quito + CB
- 4 Days excursions Trekking
- English speaking guide
- Private transportation
- Meals according itinerary
- All kind of drinks.
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fee to the churches and museum in middle of the world
This is a gorgeous trek for people with a limited amount of time. Like our Páramo to Cloud Forest trek, this overnight hike descends the western flank of the Andes from the high alpine grasslands to the sub-tropical Íntag cloud forest. We follow the old mule path that once
connected the Íntag region with the commercial center of Otavalo. The biological diversity and change on this hike is stunning.
Day 1- Arrive Quito airport, Dinner and Stay at Hosteria San Carlos
Day 2- Travel to the world famous artesan market of Otavalo, stopping by the Quisatu equator monument, lunch, enjoy market and stay at la Luna Mountain Lodge outside Otavalo.
Day 3- Leaving our hotel in Otavalo at 7AM we travel 1 hour by car to the mountain town of Wayrapungo where our walk begins. We descend from 3500 meters down to 1500 meters in our first day, and change in altitude that provides an amazing transition in ecosystems from Páramo to cloud forest. There is excellent birdwatching on this leg of the hike. After an all-day, downhill hike we arrive at the small village of Azabí where we make camp by a beautiful river.
Day 4- From Irubí we continue to follow the old trail passing through cloud forest and crossing rivers on hanging bridges, arriving in the afternoon at the market town of Apuelawhere waiting transport takes us to the Cabañas Rio Grande and the Nangulví volcanic hot springs. We enjoy
a well-deserved soak and an ice cold beer while a delicious dinner is prepared.
Day 5- After breakfast we take a tour of the Rio Intag coffee cooperative project before traveling by bus to Lago Cuicocha where we enjoy lunch overlooking this beautiful crater lake. Back to Quito hotel or airport by 6PM.
(5 days- 4 nights):. Car supported so participants hike only with day packs. (includes guides, tents, reserve fees, food/lodging/pool entrance at Nangulví hot springs, all transport, groups provide their own gear and food during hike: food preparation and gear rental is extra).
********** End of services *************
Net prices per person based in double accommodation
Sendero de los Machetes:
Andes to Cloud Forest Hike
2-3 pax $ 589
4-6 pax $ 508
7-10 pax $ 448
11-16 pax $ 418
* We reserve the right to alter or omit any part of an itinerary, and reverse the order of places to be visited or change any space reservation without prior notice due to readjustment of National park policies, seasonal changes, safety reasons weather conditions or force majored which may dictate these changes. These decisions are oriented in terms of passenger safety and in the interest of the islands conservation.